Top Ten Highlights of my Summer:
I’m not sure how much this is going to be about highlights, compared to it being about what I did this summer that really stands out and what I can actually remember doing this summer. Just bear with me, I know that after I’m finished with this I’ll remember something incredibly important.
-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess:
Bizarre highlight right? I know! This is one of those things that I did this summer. It seems that every single summer I have some video game that I borrowed from Brendan that I play. This year it’s Legend of Zelda, last year Harvest Moon: Magical Melody. The year before that it was My Sims. This game is actually really fun. I might even be able to finish it for once. I don’t think I have ever finished playing a video game before. Says a lot about my nearly non-existent dedication, right?
-Kidnapped to Africa:
This one is actually an inside joke. I was hanging out with Brendan and Jess down at the creek. Brendan and I were testing to see how deep it got. After poking a stick in the far end a few times, we gave up and instead tried wading in. The water was *freezing*! We got down pretty deep and then Brendan jumped out and surprised me, I stumbled backward off a small drop-off and then left the creek, dripping wet. Jess very kindly pointed out that I was bleeding from a long cut above my ankle. I made a big deal about it, and said that I had better get home before it got infected and I died. My friends pointed out that I wouldn’t die from a cut. I countered by pointing out that if I were kidnapped and sold into slavery in Africa, I could die from it. It ended up as an inside joke and an out-of-hand scenario, which involved kidnappers, severed hands and Australia.
-I got a new boyfriend named Fredrick:
You read that correctly, I have a boyfriend now. He’s the third, actually. If you haven’t already, meet Fredrick, an iPod touch. A charger killed the first one that I got in April, and then later killed a second one the first day of Summer. The third one is my final, and I take it nearly everywhere I go. IPods are very nice, wonderful things; and I hate to admit it but I suppose I am a little addicted to that thing.
-Lagoon:
I went to Lagoon for the first time in my life. It was actually very fun. We split up into two groups, older kids with Dad, younger with Mom and rode all sorts of rides. My favorite was Colossus, you could actually see yourself going upside down! It was hot that day, so we made sure to hit Rattlesnake Rapids and Cliffhanger. I left Rattlesnake Rapids, absolutely soaked after switching all too happily with Dad in order to get the direct hit of a waterfall. The sun was shining, and within a half hour, I was completely dried off. Or most of me, at least. I ended up with the unfortunate appearance of looking like I had peed my pants. Lagoon was definitely fun, but it didn’t top Disneyland.
-I grew a beard:
So while I was in D.C. I ended up playing with Dee’s youngest kid, a six-year-old girl named Chelsea. We played dress-up. Chelsea chose my outfit and I got all decked out in various costumes: Cleopatra, Santa Claus, a princess and yes, I grew a beard.
-I got married (Girls’ Camp):
Girls’ Camp is a whole other story that I may or may not explain later. For now, we’ll just focus on my marriage. Platypus, Jess and I were sitting in our cabin, discussing who-knows-what. Somehow it was brought up that Platypus was getting married to a corner named Bernard. Jess announced that she too was getting married, to a sonic screw driver named Sonic- go figure. Somehow I too ended up getting engaged, to Hot Chocolate! <3 Our marriage ceremonies were held the following morning. We planned a whole big thing with priests, flower girls, every thing. It resulted in a simple marriage including one of our friends as priest and our homemade duct tape wedding rings.
-I directed a four-person skit:
At the ward camp-out, ooh before I forget there was this really cool meteor shower! All those falling stars! :D Anywho, off topic. I was called up at the ward camp out and told that the young women needed to perform a skit. So I went in search of the young women. Out of 25-ish young women there was a total of four at the camp out. So we performed one of those skits where there is a director that continually asks for a scene to be replayed until it is perfect. It was lots of fun, and ended up with an “I hate you!” and someone getting shot with a marshmallow gun. Then it was revealed that there was no film in the camera. It was lots of fun, and planned five minutes before we had to perform.
-My Birthday or rather my Breakfast:
Every birthday we get breakfast in bed. This year I requested either crepes or breakfast burritos. I also asked for a side of rice pudding and strawberries. I was very, very happy when my request was fulfilled and I had a delicious breakfast the day before my birthday. The next day we visited some friends and I ended up staying the night over there with them and watching Spiderman for the first time. The next morning, my real birthday, I was treated with a breakfast of scrambled eggs, pancakes and bacon. Yum! So I got home, and was soon called by Brendan. He asked if I could hang out and I went over there. His birthday present to me was a crepes! A delicious desert crepe with whipped cream and strawberries fulfilled my birthday breakfast wishes and left my taste buds very content.
-Family Reunion:
Everyone loves family reunions. Tons of family members that get together, people you rarely see and some you’ve never met. We camped at Boulder Mountain this year and spent most of our time playing volleyball. I was nick-named noodle fingers after failing to set the ball over the net very many times. By the time the family reunion was over, I had set the ball ten times and had gotten rid of all ten noodle fingers. It was really fun to get rid of my noodle fingers. When you have a volleyball, it’s hard not to drop-kick it like a soccer ball. The result of my uncle’s drop kick landed the soccer ball in one of those very tall pine trees, in the upper branches, about 80 or so feet off the ground. On of my relatives ended up climbing up there and retrieving it. I have to admit, I was a little jealous that she could do that. But then again, with my luck, I probably would have fallen out of the tree.
-My Birthday Present: A trip to Washington D.C.:
Right before a long airplane trip is not a good time to develop a fear of your plane crashing and everyone dying including yourself. Yet develop it, I did. Obviously I survived or I wouldn’t be writing this. D.C. is also another long story but in short we:
- Saw the Thinker
- Went to the Holocaust Memorial Museum- a thought-provoking place
- Toured the Library of Congress <3 Did you know that the Library of Congress hosts the largest section of comic books, teddy bears, flutes and porn in the world?
- Watched Eclipse (legally) and Prince of Persia (No comment).
- Smithsonian- amazing, nuff said.
- Ford’s Theater- Did you know John Wilkes Booth was once an actor at Ford’s Theater?
In short, I’ve had a very fun summer. Right now it’s the last day, and tomorrow I’m back to school. I’m not very excited for it, but who knows; I might even learn something!
Love,
Random Spaghetti
Friday, August 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment